Lost Highway Expedition Photobook is a selection of over 500 captioned photographs by 31 participants in the Lost Highway Expedition, which took place during August 2006 through the emerging capitals of the Western Balkans. The book’s aim is to demonstrate the transitions and different speeds of recent urbanization that are challenging nine major cities in the Western Balkans.
The photobook is divided into sections, one for each of the nine cities and for each journey in between, and thus chronicles each day of the expedition from a multitude of mobile views. Text appears in the form of brief captions contributed by the editors and editorial board members. This results in an in-depth visual document of the Western Balkans with a focus on the present state of urban- and highway-scapes which provide a glimpse of the future of the visual and spatial makeup of this part of Europe.
The photobook is co-published by Centrala Foundation for Future Cities, School of Missing Studies and Skuc Gallery and is part of the project Europe Lost and Found.
- [download ] Lost Highway Expedition PHOTOBOOK (pdf, English)
- [editing ] Katherine Carl and Srdjan Jovanović Weiss
- [editorial board ] Azra Akšamija, Ajdin Bašić, Yane Calovski, Ana Džokić, Barbara Galassi, Alenka Gregorič, Hristina Ivanoska, Ivan Kucina, Kavior Moon, Marc Neelen, Marjetica Potrč, Kyong Park, Patrick Ward
- [authors ] Kasper Akhøj, Azra Akšamija, Artgineering, Ajdin Bašić, Stefanie Busch, Yane Calovski, Katherine Carl, Ana Džokić, Giulia Fiocca, Barbara Galassi, Hristina Ivanoska, Srdjan Jovanović Weiss, Susanne Kass, Ivan Kucina, Hugo Lammerink, Kavior Moon, Helge Mooshammer, Peter Mörtenböck, Marc Neelen, Angel Nevarez, Jaume Nualart, Pilar Ortiz, Aleksandra Petruševska, Marjetica Potrč, Kyong Park, Vahida Ramujkić, Arnoud Schuurman, Laia Solé, Valerie Tevere, Paola Velasquez, Velimir Žernovski
- [editorial assistant ] Kavior Moon
- [design ] Ajdin Bašić
- [print ] Matformat, Ljubljana – 1500 copies
- [Lost Highway Expedition Partners ] kuda.org (Novi Sad), Platforma 9,81 (Zagreb), Prelom Kolektiv (Belgrade), press to exit project space (Skopje) pro.ba (Sarajevo), Projektor (Podgorica), Škuc Gallery (Ljubljana)
- [timeline] The book results from the Lost Highway Expedition (30 July – 25 August 2006, as part of the project Europe Lost and Found) and has been published in 2007