This special edition of Čovjek i prostor (“Man and Space” magazine) is a reader to the 53rd Zagreb Salon of architecture and examines how the production of architecture has been affected by the decade 2008 – 2018. It locates its role in the unfolding of the global financial crisis and looks at where we will position the profession in the years to come.
In this, several key questions mark the terrain: Can we afford another boom? How does the generation of architects that has entered the profession during the last years perceive its future? Could we explore how cities can take on a future independent of economic growth, venture capital investments and free of the mistakes that marked the past decade? And possibly, in the wake of this is there a task which the Croatian Association of Architects can take on?
- [download ] ČIP 5-8 / 2018 (756-759): The Decade 2008 – 2018 (pdf)
- [editors ] Ana Džokić and Marc Neelen (STEALTH.unlimited), Emil Jurcan
- [with contributions by ] Ana Džokić, Emil Jurcan, Jere Kuzmanić, Diana Magdić, Marc Neelen
- [research teams ] SPLIT: Jure Bešlić, Ana Burić, Luka Cvitan, Jere Kuzmanić, Luka Mužinić, Mirjana Radoš, Antonia Vuletić / ŠIBENIK: Marko Chiabov, Dario Crnogaća, Ivona Ivčević Berlengi, Iva Petković, Marija Rupa, Ana Selak, Roberta Škugor, Petra Zaninović / VARAŽDIN: Janko Jelić, Filip Kobzinek, Kristina Škrokov / ZADAR: Krešimir Damjanović / KARLOVAC: Nikolina Barić, Luka Lipšinić, Luka Krmpotić, Erika Petrić, Iva Žaja
- [photography ] authors, CAA archive
- [design and layout ] Petra Milički, Niko Mihaljević
- [translation ] Ivana Bertić, Hana Golubovac, Graham McMaster
- [copy editing ] Mark Brogan, Nives Franić
- [publisher ] Udruženje hrvatskih arhitekata (UHA) /Croatian Architects’ Association (CAA)
- [print ] Sveučilišna tiskara, Zagreb
- [ISSN ] 0011-0728, released under Creative Commons license, CC BY-SA 4.0 (2018)